Dogs are undeniably cute. There are so many different dog breeds to choose from, and each has their own individual cute or funny characteristics. Have you noticed your dog doing any cute things lately? Here are just a few of the cute things that dogs do. These make them lovable and entertaining members of the family.
- The head tilt – The head tilt is one of the cutest little things that a dog can do. Your dog might do this if he is trying to understand something you are saying. It is a comical and adorable little inquisitive look. Typical times that a dog might do this is when he hears the doorbell or when a certain word such as ‘food’ is mentioned! Dogs often do this when you ask simple questions that they recognise, such as “do you want to go walkies?”.
- Knowing when needed – if you look after your dog and keep him happy by regularly worming him and creating a pet flea file, he’ll love you back in return. Dogs seem to know when we are unhappy or sick. They will very often come to comfort you when they sense that something is wrong. Maybe that’s how they have earned their title as man’s best friend?
- Following commands – cats are cute, but they don’t follow commands like dogs do. Dogs are capable of performing some very cute actions and following commands. It is adorable when your dog will hold up his paw to shake hands or roll over on command. This is a great sign that your pet trusts you enough to follow your lead and that he sees you like the ‘alpha’ to follow.
- Carrying their lead or toys – sometimes your pet will carry their lead on the way home from a walk. Other times they might pick up their favourite dog toy and walk around the house with it. Both look equally as cute. Dogs love to please their owners so anything that gains them a little extra praise is a good trick to learn!
- Welcoming you home – your dog will eagerly await your arrival. Dogs hate being left alone and are always pleased to see you. Dogs will greet their owners with such enthusiasm; you would think that you’d been gone for years! It is their way of saying that they love you and that they hate to be separated from you. This should be the only sign you need when you consider leaving your dog alone for long periods of the day.
- Protecting loved ones – dogs are loyal creatures and want to serve and protect their families. Whilst vicious protection is not cute, a little warning look or a protective stance can be seriously sweet.
- Sleepy dogs – sleepy dogs are the cutest. There is nothing better than curling up with your dog and watching him sleep. Dogs have a habit of dreaming that they are running. It can be both cute and funny to watch their legs twitch as they dream of running through fields! You’ll often hear your dog let out an excited ‘woof’ in his sleep!